How do you guys maintain multiple branches parallel with trunk when it
comes to using maven and nexus as a binary storage?

If I create a feature branch I don't want the resulting binaries to
get mixed up with the binaries produced when code from trunk is
deployed to nexus. So I guess I need to use something like the
maven-release-plugin (but without incrementing the trunk version and
creating a tag).

Based on this post:

http://maven.40175.n5.nabble.com/Distinguishing-artifacts-created-on-branches-td3344427.html

it seems that maven does not really have any good support for multiple
branches, it seems the only real supported workflow is trunk and
release from trunk. How do you guys deal with multiple branches?