Von: Robert Scholte [mailto:rfscho...@apache.org]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 13. Dezember 2012 21:38
An: Maven Users List
Betreff: Re: Release plugin & ${project.version} dependencies

Hi,

the maven-release-plugins only accepts ${project.version} for reactor-projects,
i.e. projects being part of a multi-module project.
The fact that your projects are separated also means that they both have their
own release-cycle. As you describe, they often(!) will be the same, but if your
MSI config is changed, does that require a new project-main?
So I understand why it was implemented like this.

You could change the value for allowTimestampedSnapshots[1] to true, but then
you've lost the check for all snapshots.

What you could probably do is combine this with the enforcer rule called
RequireReleaseDependencies[2] (have never done this myself though).

Robert

[1]
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-release-plugin/prepare-mojo.html#allowTimestampedSnapshots
[2] http://maven.apache.org/enforcer/enforcer-rules/requireReleaseDeps.html