Wayne Fay wrote
> Can you be more specific (with error messages etc), or perhaps even
> create a little sample Maven project to share that demonstrates the
> issues you're seeing? Eclipse has its own compiler so it is not
> necessarily true that no failures in Eclipse means no failures when
> compiling with Oracle's JDK.

These were errors, not warnings. I've since switched back to 2.5.1 so I
don't have the exact messages but the one I specifically remember was a
purported syntax error (class, interface or enum expected) on the same line
(or one previous to) as the location of the package declaration. As I
mentioned, the same file compiles fine after switching back to 2.5.1 & also
compiles fine in Eclipse.

I attempted to put together a small test case but I wasn't able to replicate
the problem. This build is very large (~150 modules) & we are using
multithreading; my supposition is that there's some combination of things
that is messing up the compiler.

I will be experimenting with single threading on 3.0 to see if I can
replicate the problem that way on the real build.