Well, you're going to laugh but I ended up installing a Jenkins
plugin for setting environment variables and forced it to add HG to the
PATH (of the job, not the entire system). In an ideal world I would have
liked to pass an extra parameter to Maven -Dhg.path=<some-full-path> as
opposed to writing a configuration file. You need to remember that in a
clustered environment all my configuration sits inside Jenkins. Having
to configure each node before I can use Jenkins on it adds a lot of work.

     What this means is that I favor adding command-line options to
configuration files.

Gili