Hi all,

my issue is no new one and I found some related posts - even on this list -
already. But none of them has been answered, so I try my luck.

What I want:
Copy one (or multiple) selected dependency of my project into a directory of
its own. That is, unlike the normal "copy-dependencies" execution which just
copies all dependencies into a directory, I want to select only some of them.
I tried it with includeArtifactIds like this:

<plugin>
                                <version>2.6</version>
                                <executions>
                                        <execution>
                                                <id>Copy dependencies
transitive</id>
                                                <phase>package</phase>
                                                <goals>

<goal>copy-dependencies</goal>
                                                </goals>
                                                <configuration>

<excludeTransitive>false</excludeTransitive>

<outputDirectory>lib</outputDirectory>

<includeArtifactIds>myartifact</includeArtifactIds>
                                                </configuration>
                                        </execution>

                                </executions>
</plugin>

But here, the original meaning of "includeArtifactIds" is "copy exactly the
artifacts of the given IDs, nothing else", which also means that no transitive
dependencies are copied. I stated explicitly
"<excludeTransitive>false</excludeTransitive>" but this seems to be ignored.
Question: Is there another way to achieve what I need (copy selected artifacts
along with their transitive dependencies into a folder of their own).
Feature Request: I guess it wouldn't be too difficult to take the
"<excludeTransitive>false</excludeTransitive>" command into account and just
copy the transitive dependencies in this case, would it? If this could be
added, it would help me and I guess some other people out there.

Thanks and best regards,

Erik