I am currently working with a group that is migrating a group of applications
and libraries to Maven.  I can’t seem to find the best way to handle the POM
versioning so I thought I would bounce that off those of you with more
experience.  There are roughly 20 web apps and 10 libraries.  What I am
wondering is if I have a new version of a web app coming out, is it best to
bump up the version on the app’s pom.xml as well as the dependency poms’
versions or is it standard for each library to increment on its own.  Say
for instance I implement someApp 1.1 and I now need to have a bug fix for
someDependency.  Does that make the next deployed version of someApp 1.1.1
or does that just bump up the version of someDependency?

Most of the work I did previously with Maven was working with SNAPSHOTs so
after I am trying to wrap my head around the versioning management portion
of it.

Thanks!