> I am developing my own custom Maven plugin and I want to archive the files. I
> followd that example:
> http://www.sonatype.com/books/mvnref-book/reference/writing-plugins-sect-mojo-params.html
> and could archive the elements with zip format. However I want to use other
> formats too(user will indicate it) how can I set archive type?

Before you spend any (more) time working on a problem that has been
solved, look at the assembly plugin and make sure you cannot be made
happy using it, perhaps in some combination with your custom plugin
that would run in an earlier lifecycle phase, with the assembly plugin
responsible for the ultimate output at the end.

Wayne