The ORM plugin is not going fubar.  I'm simply using its schema generation
capabilities for my entities during my process-classes phase, and I just
happen to be using derby embedded to do it.  Derby, by design, will produce
a derby.log file in the current working directory unless you take steps to
avoid it, one of which is to set the system property
derby.stream.error.field to something other than its default value.  I find
that setting it to java.lang.System.out is just jim-dandy.

In fact, I have different profiles for different ORMs & databases, and they
*all* produce derby.log files when producing the schema against derby.

Can we simply have the powers that be promote properties-maven-plugin to a
GA release, or move the functionality of the set-system-properties goal to
build-helper-maven-plugin?