I just posted this to Stackoverflow, but after posting I realized, that I
should have come here first :-(

I am currently working on a project, that makes intense usage of code
generation for various purposes. One generator generates SQL scripts from jpa
entities. Another generates DTOs from pojos, another generates the JPA2.0 meta
model, jet another generates some xml and schema files based on Java classes
... each generator works completely different needs to be configured
differently.

My question now is ... is there any generic maven code generator plugin out
there with the following attributes:

 *
Creates a pojo model of a Java class (Names, Properties, Annotation, Methods
...)
 *
Uses templates for defining the output that uses the pojo model to generate any
output.
 *
Allows me to specify multiple templates for one class
 *
Allows me to generate code and resources
 *
Allows me to generate a base class to target/generated-sources and a dummy
implementation to src/main/java which simply extends the base class (If the
dummy class in src/main/java exists, nothing happens, if it doesn't it
generates such a dummy class. This code is checked in to the SCM and allows
extending the generated classes manually)

I am using the Flexmojos GraniteDS plugin for generating my ActionScript model
code, but it's pretty specialized for that particular purpose.

I think such a generic generator would make things a lot easier ... is there
something like that available out there, or do I have to start implementing it
myself?

Chris