Am 01.03.2013 07:17, schrieb Tim Kettler:
That's not correct. The classifier is part of the artifact coordinates
just like group, artifact(name) and version.

I knew. I just didn't want to contradict Stephen right away. Plus, classifiers are usually assumed to identify auxiliary artifacts for a main artifact, and I suspect it's going to create lots of configuration overhead in some plugins.
Jörg promptly pointed out a problem that doesn't even involve plugins.

> A POM can just as well
depend on a secondary artifact:

   <dependency>
     <groupId>foo</groupId>
     <artifactId>bar</artifactId>
     <version>1.0</version>
     <classifier>api</classifier>
   </dependency>

The complete coordinates of an artifact are GAVTC: group,
artifact(name), version, type (default is jar), classifier (default is
empty).

Hm. Can I specify the type in a dependency as well?
Just curious, I certainly don't want to do that, but I might stumble over artifacts configured that way.