On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 6:56 AM, Kevin Krumwiede <kjk...@gmail.com> wrote:

> If the -sources jar is only intended as a reference, then I want to
> exclude the generated sources and resources.

Why would you do that?
In addition to reading the code right from the IDE rather than
switching to GitHub or wherever the project is hosted (when the VCS is
publicly browsable, which is not always the case either), sources
artifacts are really helpful when debugging, as it allows you to step
into third-party code, set breakpoints, etc. Excluding the generated
sources from the sources artifact would prevent doing this.

--
Thomas Broyer
/tɔ.ma.bʁwa.je/