Stephen Connolly wrote:
Just for you, I have taken the 30 minutes out of my life and written a
Maven Plugin that will solve your issues with those pesky non-maven
dependencies.

https://github.com/stephenc/non-maven-jar-maven-plugin

You will need to wait a couple of hours for the sync to central before you
can use that plugin.

Stephen - thank you for this plugin! I was actually struck with a similar issue last night writing up a sample project to demonstrate maven to someone elses non-maven project, and started down the file:// repo route and gave up in disgust at myself after having it "not quite work" with multi-module builds.

This is a simple plugin, but elegantly solves a -temporary- transitional issue.

Big props to you.

Mark