Doing a Maven release can be tricky if you are having problems with your SCM plugin. It took me a long time to get release to work with Perforce (but it still does not work properly), and you would think that would just work.

Are you using the Jazz SCM or something else?

Cheers, Eric

On 2013-05-03 9:34 AM, Zanzerkia, Robert wrote:
I did few more experiments...
1) Renamed the RTC component so there is no space in the name.
2) Made sure directory has permission for build account etc.
3) Experimented by replacing maven command to just mvn scm:status and that
works without error.
        So it's only via release-plug-in we get the error on scm status command.

        Since replease-plug-in works on my laptop this is an issue on interaction between
maven, release-plugin and "Jazz build engine"
        I re-ran the RTC build with -X switch in maven to get detailed log so
we can compare against release.log (one from my laptop).
   Thanks,
Robert
PS: I have attached  RTC_JAZZ-Build.log from build server.

Working release.log
[DEBUG] repositoryWorkspace - EI_9.05_Release_Snapshot
[DEBUG] Executing status command...
[INFO] Executing: cmd.exe /X /C "scm status --username a408072 --password *****
--wide"
[INFO] Working directory: C:\Documents and
Settings\a408072.DMN1\workspace301-EI-9.05_Rel\EI AS-ITAM uCMDB Pattern DEV
[DEBUG] Consumed line :Workspace: (1189) "EI_9.05_Release_Snapshot" <-> (1001) "EI
AS-ITAM uCMDB 9.02 EI Stream"

NOT working RTC build lines.
[DEBUG] repositoryWorkspace - srvrtcbuild-EI-AS-ITAM-PatternDEV-DEV_Release_WS
[DEBUG] Executing status command...
[INFO] Executing: cmd.exe /X /C "scm status --username srvrtcbuild --password *****
--wide"
[INFO] Working directory: D:\RTCBuildWorkspace\EI-ITAMTEST\uCMDBPackages
[DEBUG] ErrorConsumer.consumeLine: Problem running 'status':
[DEBUG] ErrorConsumer.consumeLine: Current directory is not shared. Run from a
shared directory.
[ERROR] Error: Problem running 'status':
Current directory is not shared. Run from a shared directory.