try the two valid values.

should be possible to configure it via the CLI

e.g.

mvn -DmavenExecutorId=forked-path -Ddry-run=true release:prepare
mvn -DmavenExecutorId=invoker -Ddry-run=true release:prepare

Though if the <configuration> for the release plugin in your pom.xml or a
parent pom.xml is setting the value you will likely need to edit the
pom.xml to change the value.