AFAIK no such thing exists for maven 1 in Apache CVS but I know some people
who implemented it for their own usage...

If just "full list of the dependencies of dependencies" is what interest you
(you are not interested in seeing a graph) we have such thing
implemented for m2. You could reuse the same algorithm for m1:

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/maven-components/maven-artifact/src/main/j
ava/org/apache/maven/artifact/resolver/DefaultArtifactResolver.java?rev=1.4&
view=auto

Michal