Exactly. Which I cannot do because these classes are public and our customers
rely on them. If I break the graph, that means changing a behavior that a
customer might be using, and that would be a serious problem.

I am pushing to deprecate the entire graph and provide a completely different
api that won't have these problems, but even if I get that approved, we have to
support this for several releases.

If there's an alternative, I'm all ears.