On 01/08/13 01:19 AM, Nestor Urquiza wrote:
Hi,

Let me give more information,

I use an aggregator project for war1 project:
     <modules>
         <module>../jar1</module>
         <module>../jar2</module>
         <module>../war-inc</module>
         <module>../war1</module>
     </modules>

Another aggregator project for war2 project:
     <modules>
         <module>../jar1</module>
         <module>../war-inc</module>
         <module>../war1</module>
     </modules>

Notice they both depend on jar1. The jar2 project in fact depends also on
jar1. The war-inc project is used to keep common web resources for war1 and
war2. We use maven overlay to marge those shared resources in a final war
for each project.

From my point of view, this is not dependency, this is inclusion.

Assuming that :
jar1 and jar2 are independent projects
war-inc is common to all your war projects
war1 and war2 are to flavors of your project.

Each project/module should move at its own pace.

If war1 has a <dependency> on jar1, when war1 is updated, that person should check in your depot what is the most recent version and update accordingly.

You say it worked like a charm for 3 years. Maybe you had a problem that was invisible for 3 years and now becomes apparent because you are increasing the pace of releases.

My 2 cents.

Patrick