Le 2 août 2013 20:27, "Baptiste MATHUS" <m...@batmat.net> a écrit :

> Le 2 août 2013 17:48, "Hervé BOUTEMY" <herve.bout...@free.fr> a écrit :
>

> > Le vendredi 2 août 2013 10:08:42 Curtis Rueden a écrit :
> > > True, and it is good to warn about this. However, ultimately I think
Git is
> > > a better choice (than SVN) because it often makes code review much
easier.
> > I didn't use gerrit nor have seen anybody using it. But I hear about it
more
> > and more often as an argument why it makes git better than svn (even if
I read
> > that gerrit is a fork of rietveld, which is the same for subversion: but
> > nobody even talks about it, don't know why).
> > Is this pure theory? a dream? a reality for a minority of experts,
talking
> > about it loudly but no mere mortal can use it?
> > (intentional provocational tone to motivate people who know to show me
the
> > direction to the light :) )
>
> Just my 2 cents : been using gerrit professionally on a daily basis for 8
months now. So there's actually real people using it, I can testify ;).

> We're a team of ~10 guys.
>
> (For French savvy people I've given a short talk about it at the Toulouse
jug. The session was recorded ans is hosted on parleys).

> > > If a new feature is properly developed on a topic branch with commits
> > > squashed, rewritten and organized as needed, the history can be laid
out in
> > > a very easy-to-understand manner: new features and bugfixes done in
> > > properly isolated commits, unit tests added immediately thereafter,
etc.
> > yes, with git, you can: with git, so much things can be done.
> > But once again, I didn't see anybody do it, because it's a lot of work.
>
> You're right. I try to do it as often as I can. But perfection takes a
bit too long to commit/rework and sometimes it's ridiculous ;).

Oops not sure I was clear. I was answering to 'lot of work's part. Not
'anybody...' because I actually do it and know many people doing it very
often. I generally do it almost each time before pushing.

> > And it requires to be a git black belt.
>
> It helps to practice, sure. Btw, Gerrit makes it worse. It almost forces
you to use advances features to make it really useful.