Hey all - just wanted to let the list know that I completed the 1.0 release
of my obfuscation maven plugin and its available on the central repo. The
full artifact is "com.idfconnect.devtools:idfc-proguard-maven-plugin:1.0.0".

I got some very helpful answers from the list - mainly I was stuck on the
exact definition and purpose of "attaching" a generated artifact back into
the project. It took me a while to understand that this is not intended as a
mechanism to inject an artifact into subsequent plugin processing, but is
solely for adding artifacts back to the repositories.

The plugin uses the 3.1-specific API - it was very easy to ask maven to see
what dependencies have already been resolved in the project, and also to
programmatically resolve any new dependencies specifically needed for
obfuscation. The source could be useful for anyone else developing a new
plugin for 3.1, although I'm certainly no authority on the API!

I took pains to make the plugin configuration as "maven-esque" as possible.
The plugin website is here: http://mavenproguard.sourceforge.net/ and all of
source code is on SourceForge. There's a brief explanation of how to use and
an example based of how I used the plugin to obfuscate a specific set of
libraries within a web archive here:
https://sourceforge.net/p/mavenproguard/wiki/Home/

Any feedback appreciated. Thanks!

Best regards,