Hi,

I am trying to use the mojo cobertura plugin in our project, and it won't
run on my Mac as the tools jar is in the wrong place.

The plugin depends on cobertura, which defines the following property in
the mac profile:

    <profile>

      <id>OSXProfile</id>

      <activation>

        <os>

          <family>mac</family>

        </os>

      </activation>

      <properties>

        <toolsjar>${java.home}/../lib/tools.jar</toolsjar>

      </properties>

    </profile>

and the accompanying dependency:

    <dependency>

      <groupId>com.sun</groupId>

      <artifactId>tools</artifactId>

      <version>0</version>

      <scope>system</scope>

      <systemPath>${toolsjar}</systemPath>

    </dependency>

This is wrong for Mac OS 10.8.3 running Java 6 on two counts - the lib
directory is at ${java.home}/lib and the tools.jar doesn't exist in the lib
directory as apple decided to put those clases in
${java.home}/../Classes/classes.jar.

All that to ask, how do I get cobertura to look in classes.jar for that
dependency?

I have tried adding my own profile and setting <toolsjar> appropriately,
but it seems to be ignored.  I also tried specifying it on the command
line, and again, it complains it can't find ../lib/tools.jar.

Is this possible?

cheers,

David