On 9/5/2013 4:47 PM, John Dix wrote:
Hello everyone,

I have hit a wall in trying to figure out why we're getting this failure:

org.sonatype.aether.transfer.ArtifactNotFoundException: Failure to find
commons-httpclient:commons-httpclient:jar:3.1 in
http://pd-repo2.eng.qpass.net:8081/nexus/content/repositories/releases was
cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the
update interval of qpass-nexus-hosted-releases has elapsed or updates are forced

during our builds. On a clean .m2/repository directory(ran rm -rf
~/.m2/repository/*) and executing the following command:

mvn -e -DskipTests clean install -f <path to our pom>. This happens the first
time and then after that it picks up the file. It happens on the SAME file everytime
after a wiping of the .ms/repository directory. I have looked and visually verified
that the jar file it is looking for is in the .m2 repo and is the correct version it
is looking for. I have tried using the -U switch with the maven command to no avail.
We are getting this on one more jar file after this one gets resolved but it behaves
the same: rerun and it finds it. We do not encounter this on other products, just
this one.

Does anyone have any idea on how to move forward on this? I am at a loss.

Regards!
-Caolan.

Maven essentials:
Apache Maven 3.0.5 (r01de14724cdef164cd33c7c8c2fe155faf9602da; 2013-02-19
13:51:28+0000)
Maven home: /usr/local/maven-3.0.5
Java home: /usr/local/jdk1.7.0_02/jre
OS name: "linux", version: "2.6.30.10-105.2.23.fc11.x86_64", arch: "amd64", family:
"unix"

Full Stack:
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project applicationContextComponents: Could not
resolve dependencies for project
com.amdocs.dc.applicationcontext:applicationContextComponents:jar:1.0-rc-4-SNAPSHOT:
 Failure to find commons-httpclient:commons-httpclient:jar:3.1 in
http://pd-repo2.eng.qpass.net:8081/nexus/content/repositories/releases was cached
in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update
interval of qpass-nexus-hosted-releases has elapsed or updates are forced ->
[Help 1]
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to execute goal
on project applicationContextComponents: Could not resolve dependencies for
project
com.amdocs.dc.applicationcontext:applicationContextComponents:jar:1.0-rc-4-SNAPSHOT:
 Failure to find commons-httpclient:commons-httpclient:jar:3.1 in
http://pd-repo2.eng.qpass.net:8081/nexus/content/repositories/releases was
cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the
update interval of qpass-nexus-hosted-releases has elapsed or updates are forced
                 at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleDependencyResolver.getDependencies(LifecycleDependencyResolver.java:210)
                 at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleDependencyResolver.resolveProjectDependencies(LifecycleDependencyResolver.java:117)
                 at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.ensureDependenciesAreResolved(MojoExecutor.java:258)
                 at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:201)
                 at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:153)
                 at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:145)
                 at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:84)
                 at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:59)
                 at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.singleThreadedBuild(LifecycleStarter.java:183)
                 at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.execute(LifecycleStarter.java:161)
                 at
org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:320)
                 at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:156)
                 at
                 at
                 at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:290)
                 at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:230)
                 at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:409)
                 at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:352)
Caused by: org.apache.maven.project.DependencyResolutionException: Could not
resolve dependencies for project
com.amdocs.dc.applicationcontext:applicationContextComponents:jar:1.0-rc-4-SNAPSHOT:
 Failure to find commons-httpclient:commons-httpclient:jar:3.1 in
http://pd-repo2.eng.qpass.net:8081/nexus/content/repositories/releases was
cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the
update interval of qpass-nexus-hosted-releases has elapsed or updates are forced
                 at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultProjectDependenciesResolver.resolve(DefaultProjectDependenciesResolver.java:189)
                 at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleDependencyResolver.getDependencies(LifecycleDependencyResolver.java:185)
                 ... 22 more
Caused by: org.sonatype.aether.resolution.DependencyResolutionException:
Failure to find commons-httpclient:commons-httpclient:jar:3.1 in
http://pd-repo2.eng.qpass.net:8081/nexus/content/repositories/releases was
cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the
update interval of qpass-nexus-hosted-releases has elapsed or updates are forced
                 at
org.sonatype.aether.impl.internal.DefaultRepositorySystem.resolveDependencies(DefaultRepositorySystem.java:375)
                 at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultProjectDependenciesResolver.resolve(DefaultProjectDependenciesResolver.java:183)
                 ... 23 more
Caused by: org.sonatype.aether.resolution.ArtifactResolutionException: Failure
to find commons-httpclient:commons-httpclient:jar:3.1 in
http://pd-repo2.eng.qpass.net:8081/nexus/content/repositories/releases was
cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the
update interval of qpass-nexus-hosted-releases has elapsed or updates are forced
                 at
org.sonatype.aether.impl.internal.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:538)
                 at
org.sonatype.aether.impl.internal.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolveArtifacts(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:216)
                 at
org.sonatype.aether.impl.internal.DefaultRepositorySystem.resolveDependencies(DefaultRepositorySystem.java:358)
                 ... 24 more
Caused by: org.sonatype.aether.transfer.ArtifactNotFoundException: Failure to
find commons-httpclient:commons-httpclient:jar:3.1 in
http://pd-repo2.eng.qpass.net:8081/nexus/content/repositories/releases was
cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the
update interval of qpass-nexus-hosted-releases has elapsed or updates are forced
                 at
org.sonatype.aether.impl.internal.DefaultUpdateCheckManager.newException(DefaultUpdateCheckManager.java:230)
                 at
org.sonatype.aether.impl.internal.DefaultUpdateCheckManager.checkArtifact(DefaultUpdateCheckManager.java:176)
                 at
org.sonatype.aether.impl.internal.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:427)

John "Caolan" Dix
Programming Sr. SME, Digital Commerce
Amdocs Digital Services Division
o: 206-288-0334 m: 425.351.7340

Why is Maven looking in the "releases" repository on Nexus?

I would expect it to be looking at either public (if you use the group), or the mirror of central.

. . . just my naive two cents.
/mde/