On 13 November 2013 17:53, Matthieu Moy <Matthieu.Moy@grenoble-
> It wouldn't be that great. We have a fast internet connection, and our
> project doesn't have _that_ many dependencies.

Hehehe.
Isn't common adage that the first use of Maven downloads the Internet
(and the kitchen sink)?

> It's the students first contact with Maven (and with tons of other
> tools), so we really need to make it easy for them (and for the
> teacher's team too, indeed, we have a bunch of things to maintain, and
> reducing the list by one is nice). Keeping the default configuration as
> much as possible is a real gain here (nothing to configure, works at
> school, works on their laptop too).
>
> I'm not having a real problem to solve here, just trying to avoid waste.

Fair enough, I can understand that.

Actually there is good reason to install a Maven Repository Manager on
laptops.  It means that you can work disconnected (as long as you have
already downloaded the artifacts previously) as the offline flag (-o)
doesn't always work that great. I guess the more inquisitive students
will find enough stuff on the internet that they can do this
themselves when they face this problem.