The security concern here is nonsense, at best it's 'security by obscurity'.

However, there's a better reason to clean off the poms that happened
to us. Our product poms use our internal parent POM, which encodes our
chosen options for all the plugins we use at build time, and our
infrastructure (e.g. Sonar). It makes no sense to distribute that POM,
but without it, our poms don't work. So, our customers _asked us to
remove our poms_ from the metadata, to make it _easier for them to
push our jars to their repository manager_.

The ideal solution would be for us to put 'clean' poms in the metadata
that declared only dependencies and no parent. However, I am unaware
of any way to get maven to automatically generate such things. Is
anyone else?