Hello everyone,

I am concerned about the fact that Maven periodically attempts to download
jars that I have not specified in my dependencies. I will run maven knowing
that all the dependencies needed to compile my project are in my own
repository, and Maven will say that it needs, for example, "Attempting to
download commons-io-20030203.000550.jar." I don't need that commons-io! What
is going on here?

I assume these jars are needed for certain Maven plugins to run, but I don't
want and can't afford to have some unknown jars in my repository. I have
built my own "remote repository" which I maintain and solely use to download
decencies to local machines. Is there any way to keep the jars that Maven
needs to run from contaminating my local repository?? Can I separate them??

Pete