On Sep 14, 2004, at 23:37, Adam Fisk wrote:

It seems like there must be a simple way to actually run my app using
Maven, but I can't seem to track it down. Is there anything like a
"maven run" command where I can specify a "maven.mainclass" property to
just run a main class in my program, something like that? Seems like a
silly question, but I've had a heck of a time figuring out how to do this!

There's nothing built in that I'm aware of, but I've done something similar by adding a goal to maven.xml:

  <goal name="run" prereqs="java:compile">
    <ant:java classname="${maven.mainclass}" fork="true">
      <ant:classpath>
        <ant:path refid="maven.dependency.classpath" />
        <ant:pathelement path="${maven.build.dest}" />
      </ant:classpath>
    </ant:java>
  </goal>

--