From:   "Lyons, Roy" <roy.ly...@cmegroup.com>
To:     Maven Users List <users@maven.apache.org>,
Date:   2013-12-19 10:21
Subject:        Re: Searching for artifacts which are used as a dependency
by other artifacts

I can say that Sonatype has a solution for this in CLM - as long as you
scan everything it will maintain the relationships for the reverse
dependency lookup.

I think I heard that they were thinking about bringing this capability to
Nexus (by querying CLM in the backend).

Other than that, I ended up writing a perl script that would parse the
following out of every branch in every repository:
mvn help:effective-pom
mvn dependency:list
pom.xml

I then read that into a wonderful hash structure which I used to create a
reverse hash, and then create a nice csv file from that data which I can
use in and excel-like program to search for the dependency - and see the
results.  I created a forward-dependency.csv and a reverse-dependency.csv
with my hash structures to present the data in different ways.

Either way, its totally possible to do.

On 12/19/13 8:36 AM, "Karl Heinz Marbaise" <khmarba...@gmx.de> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>currently i'm searching for a solution to the given problem:
>
>Given maven coordinates: GAV
>
>I would like to know of which other artifacts (GAV) this given GAV is
>used by. Or in other words which artifacts having a dependency to the
>above artifact.
>
>I've found in the meantime the maven-indexer project which uses the
>repository index (central or others like from Nexus). But it looks like
>it can't solve this...may be i miss something in relationship with
>maven-indexer ..
>

>Does someone have an idea how to solve the above problem ?
>
>I appreciate any hints etc. links or so...
>
>Kind regards
>Karl-Heinz Marbaise
>--
>SoftwareEntwicklung Beratung Schulung    Tel.: +49 (0) 2405 / 415 893
>Dipl.Ing.(FH) Karl-Heinz Marbaise        ICQ#: 135949029
>Hauptstrasse 177                         USt.IdNr: DE191347579
>52146 Würselen                           http://www.soebes.de

DISCLAIMER:
Privileged and/or Confidential information may be contained in this
message. If you are not the addressee of this message, you may not
copy, use or deliver this message to anyone. In such event, you
should destroy the message and kindly notify the sender by reply
e-mail. It is understood that opinions or conclusions that do not
relate to the official business of the company are neither given
nor endorsed by the company.
Thank You.