FYI I call that a local aggregator pom. I typically set them up for the
various projects I jump between. I can then just open the whole set of
projects from intellij in one go and as this is maven I can safely discard
all the IDE's project info and have it regenerated from the pom and the
pom's reactor.

When I check a local aggregator into SCM I typically use the file based
activation to add each module via a profile for that module... but usually
I just keep them local only