Sorry for asking such a easy question, but googling apache maven anything
doesn't get to the answer too easily.

I have a previously working local repository in my home\.m2 directory.  I am on
windows and JDK 1.6.0_21.  I have previously used this with maven 2.2.1 and
3.0.4.  I also downloaded a fresh maven 3.1.1 which has the same problem.  I
have no custom settings.xml file, I just have what comes in the zipfile
downloads from the apache website.

Today, I'm trying to build apache rampart 1.6.2 from source (downloaded
yesterday) which wants to pull in apache axis jars/poms and also a file
apache/8/pom.xml from  an apache repository.  Rather than fetching in the files
I need I get the attached internet2 html page which breaks the build.

Is there  a way to configure this so apache stuff builds properly?