From: John Dix
Sent: Monday, January 27, 2014 4:35 PM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: surefire plugin output changes

Hello all,

We have migrated our maven from version 3.0.3 to 3.0.5 and our developers are
claiming now that they're not seeing the verbosity in the test outputs like
they did before.

The only see a synopsis and summary of the number of tests run, failed, and
which ones failed. Servers are run in a CentOS 5.3 linux environment within
Jenkins.

I am being told that before this upgrade they had an extremely chatty output
like below. What they haven't been able to confirm for me is whether this
change happened after we moved from 2.1.0 to 3.0.3 or not as that was before my
time.

Can anyone please confirm if this output was/is handled by surefire and maybe a
commandline switch in maven got lost, or from somewhere else? The output as
from an old archived log the developer gave me.

[INFO ]: com.qpass.payment.multinodeCloud.DeployTest:
         Connected to Mission Control Server on ::  myWar from getWarUrl =
mobilePaymentsApp-amp_i-SNAPSHOT.war
objname =
ampait/ampait-control-1.opsdevna3.amdocsdc.net/5666/com.qpass:Type=Environment
[INFO ]: com.qpass.payment.multinodeCloud.DeployTest:
         Test: deployAppWartoSelectedsEnv Result={0}:
{<machine-name>=Successfull Deployment of WAR file: app} [INFO ]:
com.qpass.payment.multinodeCloud.DeployTest:
         Test:deployAppWar: Time Spent 2 min 24 secs 324 ms myWar from
getWarUrl = mobilePaymentExtractsApp-amp_i-SNAPSHOT.war
[INFO ]: com.qpass.payment.multinodeCloud.DeployTest:
         Test: deployExtractsWar Result={0}:
{ampait-back-1.opsdevna3.amdocsdc.net:8999=Successfull Deployment of WAR file:
extractsApp} [INFO ]: com.qpass.payment.multinodeCloud.DeployTest:
         Test:deployExtractsWar: Time Spent 1 min 23 secs 14 ms myWar from
getWarUrl = nxtcomSampleApp-amp_i-SNAPSHOT.war
[INFO ]: com.qpass.payment.multinodeCloud.DeployTest:
         Test: deployNxtSampleWar Result={0}:
{ampait-back-1.opsdevna3.amdocsdc.net:8999=Successfull Deployment of WAR file:
nxtcomServices} [INFO ]: com.qpass.payment.multinodeCloud.DeployTest:
         Test:deployNxtSampleWar: Time Spent 47 secs 410 ms myWar from
getWarUrl = zmobileSampleApp-amp_i-SNAPSHOT.war
[INFO ]: com.qpass.payment.multinodeCloud.DeployTest:
         Test: deployZmobileSampleWar Result={0}:
{ampait-back-1.opsdevna3.amdocsdc.net:8999=Successfull Deployment of WAR file:
zmobileServices} [INFO ]: com.qpass.payment.multinodeCloud.DeployTest:
         Test:deployZmobileSampleWar: Time Spent 31 secs 400 ms myWar from
getWarUrl = mobilePaymentsWebServiceApp-amp_i-SNAPSHOT.war
[INFO ]: com.qpass.payment.multinodeCloud.DeployTest:
         Test: deployWebServiceApp Result={0}:
{ampait-front-1.opsdevna3.amdocsdc.net:8999=Successfull Deployment of WAR file:
ROOT} [INFO ]: com.qpass.payment.multinodeCloud.DeployTest:
         Test:deployBackWarToSelectedEnv: Time Spent 1 min 33 secs 791 ms myWar
from getWarUrl = paymentsReportingUiApplication-amp_i-SNAPSHOT.war

confidential and subject to the Amdocs policy statement, you may review at
http://www.amdocs.com/email_disclaimer.asp