Hi,

> I have take a look, and found that each file, created with the maven assembly
plugin was installed to the local repository under the project name. In my
case the maven assembly plugin creates a file abc.zip that is part of the
distribution, and maven install plugin installed the abs.zip to the local
repository as projectName.zip and the distribution file.
My idea is to skip the installation of abc.zip to the repository because it
is only temporary needed, and is part of the distribution zip file.

There is an parameter for the maven-assembly-plugin
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-assembly-plugin/single-mojo.html

which allows to suppress attaching an artifact in particular if you have intermediate results which you don't like to attach to the project..

<attach>false</attach>

which needs having a separate execution block...

Kind regards
Karl-Heinz Marbaise