Weird, many users reported the 2.5 had fixed their issues.

What (version) are you actually using for:
* maven
* maven-release-plugin (triple-check you hadn't redefined maven-scm-*
dependency somewhere)
* svn ? Git ? Something else ?

On a unrelated subject : issuing a "mvn clean install deploy" command shows
a tiny misunderstanding of how Maven works. You're asking maven to install
twice (said differently "deploy" already includes the steps from "install").

Cheers

: