I have never used Nexus, but this "error" seem like a classic windows "long
file names" issue
- I suggest you specify C:\program~\Sonatype\ .... instead of C:\Program
Files\Sonatype\...
Alternatively surround long file names/paths with quotes
- not sure if this is part of the standard installation or if this would
force you to tweak nexus under the hood configurations

I use Archiva and it's brilliant - just moved to 2.0.1 that seem a little
buggy though - lost the user db as part of the upgrade that forced me to
re-create all users and access levels under the new installation.

v1.3.6 is very stable and earlier upgrades have worked without any issues

v2.0.n now support stagings but only operates on the entire repository -
Archiva is working on future enhancements to this where individual releases
can be merged.

-----
good @ being sucked @