From: christian.ponteseg...@infineon.com
To: users@maven.apache.org
Subject: javadoc:aggregate reports missing packages
Date: Mon, 26 May 2014 09:50:05 +0000

javadoc:aggregate reports missing packages

Hi,

I am trying to build an API documentation for some eclipse plugins. Therefore
I’d like to run the Javadoc:aggregate goal

My configuration therefore is trivial:

        <build>

                <plugins>

                        <plugin>

                                <version>2.9.1</version>

                                <configuration>

<reportOutputDirectory>help/api</reportOutputDirectory>

                                        <destDir>api</destDir>

                                </configuration>

                        </plugin>

                </plugins>

        </build>

Now maven fails as it cannot resolve lots of eclipse dependencies like:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-javadoc-plugin:2.9.1:aggregate (default-cli) on
project com.infineon.commontools.releng.jenkins: An error has occurred in
JavaDocs report generation:

[ERROR] Exit code: 1 -
C:\Userdata\Workspaces\SysBox\ebt_common\bundles\com.infineon.tools\src\com\infineon\tools\AbstractActivator.java:24:
 error: package org.eclipse.ui does not exist

[ERROR] import org.eclipse.ui.IMemento;

[ERROR] ^MG>Wild guess you are using eclipse 3.7.0 for your IDE in which case
you want
toMG>http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/pub/mirrors/maven/eclipse/jars/eclipse-workbench-2.1.0.jar
MG>onto your classpath

I get other errors for libs, where I only have a binary OSGI bundle available
(which is part of the aggregator pom)

[ERROR] symbol:   class CoreException

[ERROR] location: class StringTools

[ERROR]
C:\Userdata\Workspaces\SysBox\ebt_common\bundles\com.infineon.tools\src\com\infineon\tools\hexparser\antlr\HexStringBaseListener.java:4:
 error: package org.antlr.v4.runtime does not exist

[ERROR] import org.antlr.v4.runtime.ParserRuleContext;

[ERROR] ^MG>put one of the antlr4-runtime jars on your
classpathMG>http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.antlr/antlr4-runtime

Generally I am happy with the created JavaDoc files. Is there a way to tell
Javadoc to ignore missing dependencies or to tell maven not to fail here?

I know there are lots of similar questions asked out there, but I could not
find a solution to my problem

Thanks

Christian