Hi,

I am developing a plugin that needs to query the repositories. I'm using the
Aether API because I thought that's the Maven 3 way to do it (cf.
http://blog.sonatype.com/2011/01/how-to-use-aether-in-maven-plugins/) and
because many of the Maven 2 methods are marked as deprecated. With Maven 3.0.5,
everything works fine. But now, trying Maven 3.2.1 and 3.2.2, I get an
exception:
------
Error injecting: com.dialogika.infport.plugins.helper.CheckParentMojo
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/sonatype/aether/artifact/Artifact
------

It is the injection of org.sonatype.aether.RepositorySystem that does not work
anymore:
------
@Component
private RepositorySystem repoSystem;
------

First of all, I am of course interested in how to fix this problem, but, asking
more generally: Is the Aether API still the way of how to resolve artifacts? Or
should I better stick to the Maven 2 API (as most of the plugins out there
still are, as I saw)?

And, in addition to this: Are there any good, up-to-date resources on how to
write maven plugins? Some plugins I could use as a a reference? Many of the
tutorials and examples seem to be quite out-dated and not going very deep into
details.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Johannes