Hi,

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 20:39:35 +0900, "Pak, Young-rok" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Why the name of tld files should not be changed is that their file name will be used
> in JSP page like this:
>
>     <%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/tlds/mytag.tld" prefix="mytag" %>

Using a URI relative to the webapp structure is a bad practice - you should be using a
'named' URI, like http://mycompany.com/mytag, instead.

On JSP containers 1.2 and above, if a TLD is located at the META-INF directory of a
jar, the container automatically maps the URL defined in the TLD to that file. Even in
1.1 or 1.0 containers you can use this type URI, the only difference is that you would
need to manually map the URLs in the web.xml then.

So, in my opinion, you should include the TLD in the jars and then the other projects
that needs the TLD could extract it from the jar. Of course, it's nice to have the
TLDs in the repository too, but mainly for reference.

> mytag-1.0.tld seems not good name for tld file. and the name should not change even
> if it versions up.

That's questionable. What if a new release of your taglib breaks compatibility with
the older ones?

-- Felipe