I am working on a multi-module project where I see that some of the module
POMs have versions different from the parent POM. Apparently, developers
have made changes to some of the modules and updated the version of only
those modules.

I also see another project where irrespective of which modules have been
modified, developers modify the versions of all modules using mvn versions
command to keep all of them in-sync.

I am new to maven and have started using it only since last six months.
Seeing the above mentioned two projects, I am confused what is the right
path to take - updating all module versions irrespective of where changes
are, or updating only those module versions where something changed.

Thanks,
Anuj Agrawal