On 13 September 2014 02:46, Kevin Burton <bur...@spinn3r.com> wrote:

> OK… so this definitely works and the aggregation model compiles my module.
>
> But I need a way to bump the version number because I have complex
> dependencies and updating 10 places every time I change the project version
> isn’t going to be fun.

If you have 10 places where the dependencies need changing you are doing it
wrong.

You should have zero <version> definitions in your modules.
All version definitions are in the topmost parent pom in the
dependencyManagement section.
If you have a bunch of things that share versions, you can also create a
property and then use something like ${mygroup.version} so that you only
need to update the property section once.

Have you read the freely available Maven books?
It's been long while since I've read them but I think this advice is in
there.