Hi,

Do you have a single project or a multi module build?

May be you have defined the configuration for maven-assembly-pugin
 in pluginManagement ?

Furthermore you should only configured what is different from the defaults like appendAssemblyId which is by default true...so you can omit that.

Kind regards
Karl-Heinz Marbaise