I was only referring to Jenkins as to look at how a war file could be used
both as a "normal" war file being installed in a web container as well as a
jar file (with a war extension) to be used as a standalone application.
Look at it purely from a Java perspective and not how Maven might be abused
to accomplish it.
When you know what you want to end up with, then we can help you accomplish
that with Maven.

/Anders