Hi,

I'm attempting to separate my integration and unit tests using profiles and the
maven build helper plugin.  I have unit tests in the standard directory and
integration tests in `src/integration-test/java`.  When I run the default
profile, I expect integration tests to be skipped and unit tests to be
executed.  When I run the `integration-test` profile with `mvn clean test
-Pintegration-test` I expect the integration tests to be run and the unit tests
to be skipped.  Right now Maven is just ignoring the profile test settings:
`skip.integration.tests`
`skip.unit.tests`
and it just runs all the tests regardless of which profile is active.

My POM looks like this:

<project xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0";
http://maven.apache.org/maven-v4_0_0.xsd";
    xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";>
    <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>

    <groupId>com.example.maven</groupId>
<artifactId>separating-integration-and-unit-test-execution</artifactId>
    <version>1.0.0</version>

    <profiles>
        <profile>
            <id>unit-test</id>
            <activation>
                <activeByDefault>true</activeByDefault>
            </activation>
            <properties>
<skip.integration.tests>true</skip.integration.tests>
                <skip.unit.tests>false</skip.unit.tests>
            </properties>
        </profile>
        <profile>
            <id>integration-test</id>
            <properties>
<skip.integration.tests>false</skip.integration.tests>
                <skip.unit.tests>true</skip.unit.tests>
            </properties>
        </profile>
    </profiles>
    <build>
        <plugins>
            <plugin>
                <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
<artifactId>build-helper-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                <version>1.9.1</version>
                <executions>
                    <!-- Add the integration-test source directory -->
                    <execution>
<id>add-integration-test-sources</id>
<phase>generate-test-sources</phase>
                        <goals>
                            <goal>add-test-source</goal>
                        </goals>
                        <configuration>
                            <sources>
<source>src/integration-test/java</source>
                            </sources>
                        </configuration>
                    </execution>
                </executions>