>use maven.final.name to force maven to produce
artifact with name like ${maven.final.name}.ear

That seems to  only fix it for the jar,ejb , war or
ear files created under the "targets" directory.The
jar,war and ear created under
${maven.repo.local}/${pom.name}/jars/
,${maven.repo.local}/${pom.name}/ejbs ,
${maven.repo.local}/${pom.name}/wars  and
${maven.repo.local}/${pom.name}/ears
will still have version numbers

I've been battling with the same problem , as well...

jeff mutonho

Registered Linux user number 366042