Hi Karl,

Our posts crossed.  We use several different Maven versions but upgrading
has always been problematic because it's hard if not impossible to upgrade
all projects to the latest.  It's easy to upgrade the trunk (usually) but
we have older branches where we do not want to upgrade because we want
minimal changes in that branch build (e.g. no plugin changes).

We can't use Jenkins...but that's not an issue...as for CI we have no
problem running the version we want.  The issue is for developers...I don't
want devs to have to constantly switch their environment around just to run
different maven versions.  We often have to run both at the same time as we
are fixing something in a branch and the same in trunk after the merge.

This is a standard feature of Gradle and lots of folks here are pushing for
that.  If Maven had this feature it would remove their argument.

-Dave