On 3 Feb 2015, at 4:05, David Hoffer wrote:

> On a somewhat related note, one feature I'd like to see added to Maven is
> the ability to easily upgrade the version of Maven used.  I want the build
> to specify the version of Maven used and automatically download and use
> that version.  Currently it's the system that determines what version is
> installed on the path.  The best a project can do is require a (min)
> version of Maven.  This makes it hard to upgrade as we have several
> projects to support and some will never be upgraded as they are older
> branches.  Is this feature on the Maven radar?

Could this be handled in the /bin/mvn script - have a new "mvn upgrade" that
could download into ~/.m2/install" and run from there if newer than the system
install.

This could also maven allow you to define a environment variable for M2_VERSION
and have it download run against that?

Mark

--
Mark Derricutt