How credentials are stored: that's all up the the svn client.

thanks,
Robert

Op Fri, 27 Mar 2015 10:35:51 +0100 schreef Sebastian Oerding <sebastian.oerd...@robotron.de>:

Hi Robert,

- I have looked at the Maven SCM project but do not get my problem solved or more hints on it
- The maven-release-plugin is locked (with version 2.5, not 2.5.1)
- If running maven with -X according to console no credentials are provided when accessing the SVN - If running maven with -Dusername / -Dpassword the credentials are shown (password masked) and it works, however changing the password at least monthly for each run configuration / bat file / ... is no real solution
- My colleagues encounter the same problem having switched to SVN 1.8
- How can I get a JIRA account to report a bug?
- I know that SVN really changes from 1.6 to 1.8, maybe this problem stems from there? - I read that the order of authentication mechanism changes, however trying parameter -Dsvnkit.http.methods=Basic,Digest,Negotiate,NTLM did not help - Does the maven-scm-plugin should be able to access SVN with Windows 7 + Active Directory by using the system's Kerberos / NTLM ticket or was there any desupport of this feature? - I also had the problem after the last password change but somehow managed it by doing a single commit with Tortoise, saving the credentials (deleting %USER%\AppData\Roaming\Subversion\auth before). Afterwards the maven-release worked as expected. Unfortunately this approach seems to work no more. Hence how can I check where are the credentials taken from? Is there some additional kind of extreme logging besides -e / -X switches?

Thanks in advance,
Sebastian

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Robert Scholte [mailto:rfscho...@apache.org]
Gesendet: Freitag, 27. März 2015 08:51
An: Maven Users List
Betreff: Re: maven-release-plugin / SVN credentials

Hi Sebastian,

since your issue has to do with svn, one needs to look at the Maven SCM project.[1] That's what the maven-release-plugin is using to the commits, tags and checkouts. First ensure you've locked the version of the maven-release-plugin, preferably the lastest (i.e. 2.5.1).
If you run the plugin with logging level set to debug (by adding the -X
argument) you'll see the commandline
which is executed. You should be able to do the same (do strip off the cmdshell specific part). That should give you the same exception and might give you a hint how this could be fixed.

Verify if it is a knows issue in Jira[2], sometimes such issues give extra info.

Verify the SCM Subversion page[3], it also describes some additional configuration.

If this can't be solved by commandline, then there's a svnjava implementation which you could use[4].

thanks,
Robert

[1] http://maven.apache.org/scm/maven-scm-providers/index.html
[2] http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SCM/component/11191
[3] http://maven.apache.org/scm/subversion.html
[4]
https://code.google.com/a/apache-extras.org/p/maven-scm-provider-svnjava/wiki/Usage

Op Thu, 26 Mar 2015 08:20:31 +0100 schreef Sebastian Oerding