Hello James

It really does try twice. The first time it tries with no credentials
supplied.
This came to our attention when we upgraded from maven-2.0.9 to maven-3.0.5.

We found out at that time that it had to do with being compliant to some
web specification and there was no way to force it to use credentials on
the first attempt.

The delay is a mere fraction of a second for most files. On larger files it
can be slightly irritating.
We now avoid deploying ear files altogether by using the skip argument of
the deploy plugin.

Regards, Gord Cody

--
Best Regards, Gord Cody

Release Manager  Zafin Labs Americas Inc.
179 Colonnade Road-Suite 100, Ottawa ON, Canada
Phone: +1 (613) 216-2504  Fax: +1 (613) 688-1374  Mobile: +1 613-601-2734
Web: http://zafin.com  Email: gordon.c...@zafin.com

--
Zafin - Canada

--
http://zafin.com

<http://zafin.com/>

Connect with us

 <http://www.youtube.com/user/ZafinGlobal>
<http://www.linkedin.com/company/Zafin>  <http://twitter.com/Zafin>

News and Events

Zafin joins the Deloitte Fast 50 and Fast 500 Rankings
<http://zafin.com/press-releases/zafin-ranks-16th-on-the-2014-deloitte-technology-fast-50-list/>

<http://zafin.com/press-releases/zafin-ranks-16th-on-the-2014-deloitte-technology-fast-50-list/>