Hi,

I have just finished a small maven core extension containing an EventSpy. It's
working nicely if I include it into my build using Maven 3.3.1 and a
".mvn/extensions.xml", but I couldn't get it working by copying the jar to the
MAVEN_HOME/lib/ext directory (I even tried a shaded jar). All I am getting are
these warnings:

[WARNING] Failed to notify spy
org.apache.flex.utilities.converter.mavenextension.FlexEventSpy:
java.util.NoSuchElementException
      role: org.apache.maven.execution.MavenSession
  roleHint:

?What is the difference between the two options? What do I have to change in
order to have my extension working in older Maven versions (down to 3.1.1) by
installing it into the lib/ext directory?

Chris