We often have a virtual machine for each developer, where they can deploy
code from their own branch (foo) for testing, in a continuous manner. These
virtual machines use a configuration management tool to pull binaries from
a remote drive, built by a continuous integration build server. The code is
built by maven 3.

We use classic maven versioning, i.e. X.Y-snapshot.

A developer wants to be able to recycle their virtual machine with the
latest code. The virtual machine only knows to get the binaries based on
the version coded into its configuration management instructions, from the
remote drive. Previously we had allowed folders to have the branch name
(foo), but now we have switched to a strict maven model where branch names
are not stored in the remote drive.

The developer branch foo will eventually be merged into the shared branch
that all developers consume, and which is deployed to canonical systems in
a test environment.

In this scenario, how would you recommend the developer either name, or
deliver their binaries to their own virtual machine, so that they don't
share those binaries with their co-workers?

Morgan