From: Sander Verhagen <san...@sanderverhagen.net
<mailto:san...@sanderverhagen.net>>
Subject: RE: Dependency plugin: tree, CLI substitution error
Date: May 30, 2015 at 2:28:11 AM EDT
To: Maven Users List <users@maven.apache.org <mailto:users@maven.apache.org>>

Hi,

Seems like your property is interpreted by BASH, which I don't think is what
you want.

${BLAH} is a BASH variable, mostly equivalent to $BASH. I think what you meant
is '${BLAH}', i.e. not substituted by BASH, giving Maven a chance to
substitute. FYI, you wouldn't want "${BLAH}" either (with double quotes BASH
will still substitute).

${BLAH.BLAH} is an invalid BASH variable, due to the period, hence its balking.

Your ${groupId} probably "works" in the sense that BASH doesn't complain. I
don't think that it works in the sense that Maven substitutes it for the actual
groupId. I don't think that it'll get the chance for that, because likely BASH
already substitutes it for an empty string (assuming it doesn't know a groupId
variable in your environment; not entirely sure on basis of the limited
information given).

Hope this helps.

Sander Verhagen
[  san...@sanderverhagen.net <mailto:san...@sanderverhagen.net>  ]