I'm trying to make a "bootstrap" from nothing build of our projects. I have
a project, which you can pull down, then execute multiproject, so my
thinking was.

1: execute maven cdp:bootstrap (this is my custom plugin)

This would

                <maven:set plugin="scm" property="maven.scm.cvs.module"
value="cdpMultiBuild"/>
                <maven:set plugin="scm" property="maven.scm.checkout.dir"
value="${basedir}"/>
                <attainGoal name="scm:bootstrap-project"/>

Unfortunately I get
Plugin 'scm' in project 'null' is not available.

I suspect this because there is no pom context because there is no
project.xml for directory?

Also, I tried
                ${systemScope.put('maven.scm.cvs.module', 'cdpMultiBuild')}

But it doesn't seem to see these (I still get 'you must specify
maven.scm.cvs.module' like it didn't set it.

Any thoughts? Is there a way in code to get create a POM context? I realize
I could write a script which set all the properties with -D upon launch, but
my idea was for someone to have NO files at all and start fresh with just
maven.