Von: Karl Heinz Marbaise [mailto:khmarba...@gmx.de]
Gesendet: Freitag, 5. Juni 2015 14:34
An: Maven Users List
Betreff: Re: Help needed with a strange fixed filename

Hi Thomas,

That the file is names in Nexus is the default naming schema within a
maven repository so there is no chance to change it.

So first question: Why not changing the code which checks the filename
and follow the naming convention..?

What you can do is to get the appropriate artifact via plugin (like
maven-dependency-plugin) and rename it during the packaging of your
distribution archive (which i assume you have?) Or are we talking about
an EAR file?

On 6/5/15 1:58 PM, Thomas Klöber wrote:
> Hi folks'es,
>
> I am having some problems, getting an external jar-file into my Maven project.
> Here is the issue:
>
> ·         the jar file has a fixed name, lets say jarfile3.jar (digit 3 is
> important!)
>
> ·         it's name cannot be changed because during runtime it is checked
> and if changed a runtime exception is thrown
>
> ·          if I create an artefact for it in my nexus, the file name is
> changed to jarfile-3.x.x
>
> ·         adding this to my pom.xml as a dependency everything builds just
> fine
>
> ·         however, if I run my application now, it falls over with the above
> runtime exception
>
> What would be the best way of incoorporating an external jar into my project
> without having hard-coded pathnames?
> We are using Eclipse Kepler as IDE and Maven 3
>
> Thanks,
> _________________________________
> SecurIntegration
> Thomas Klöber